So I decided that it will be cool to share some creative candy ideas I found online. These look really tasty and fun. So I hope you guys try them out at home: How to Create a Candy Tree by lookiewhatidid: Supplies:
Small Terra Cotta Pot
Styrofoam Cone Styrofoam Ball - 5" fits perfect into the Terra cotta pot Paint Stick Washi or Craft tape Candy - Fun Size or Snack Size Hot Glue Gun Food coloring Clothes pins Bamboo skewers
1. Glue the Styrofoam Ball into the bottom of the pot.
2.Wrap the stick in Washi tape. Insert it in the Styrofoam Cone. Than insert it in the Styrofoam Ball.
3. Start by applying a small dot of hot glue (set on the lowest setting) to the top of the wrapper and press it onto the cone. Leave about an inch hanging off and repeat this step until the entire bottom row is covered with candy. After the first row is full, start repeating the steps for the second row making sure there is a slight overlay from the other row and continue all the up until you have reached the top.
1. Add your water to the saucepan and bring to the boil
2. Start adding the sugar a 1/2 cup at a time, until it no longer dissolves (making a saturated sugar solution). The more sugar you add, the longer it will take to dissolve. Be patient and try to get as much to dissolve as possible.
3. Take your mixture off the heat and allow to cool – approximately 15 minutes.
4. While you are waiting, take a plate and add some sugar to it. Get your skewers and dip them into the liquid sugar mixture then dip it into the plain sugar to coat the stick. This will give your Rock Candy something to ‘grow on’. Let them dry for a few minutes until they are completely dry – if they are still too wet when you put them into the hot sugar solution, all of the sugar coating will fall off, and the new crystals will have nothing to grow on.
5. Set out your champagne flutes/jars and add a few drops of food colouring to the bottom of each. Carefully add the sugary solution to each glass/jar and give it a little stir.
6. Take your sugary skewers & place a peg at the top of each and place into the glasses (make sure they do not touch the bottom or sides as this will hinder the ‘growing process’.
7. Now it’s time to be patient. The crystals will start growing in 2 – 3 days, but depending on how big you want your Rock Candy sticks will depend on how long you will need to keep them in the glasses (we let ours grow for 2 weeks).
8. When you are ready to remove them, gently break the top with a butter knife or other sharp object. Gently remove the skewer and hang it upside down until the excess liquid drips off and it dries. You can pour out the liquid from the glass and use the glass to hang the skewer and catch the excess liquid.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same. We have made a lot of progress but still have a long way to go and need your help!
Visit the National Breast Cancer website to see what steps you can take to prevent breast cancer and also what you can do to help others! http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-cancer-awareness-month
We have also attached a free download of a candy bar wrapper which can be used as thank you gifts or party favors. Just click the image below to download.
Policy on using our Freebies:
You may use our freebies for personal projects and NOT for profit.
You may NOT sell for profit or claim as your own.
You may use in software programs, websites, blogs and printed material, no back links or credit required but always appreciated.
You may NOT distribute them, if someone is interested in our freebies please direct them to our website www.taliasprinting.com
By downloading our freebies you are agreeing to the terms above.
If you have any questions about our freebies please contact us prior to downloading contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leaves changing and weather getting cooler are signs that Fall is here! So there's opportunities to use the season as inspiration for party ideas, like a Fall Fun Night. Do you have any kids or do you hang around children? If so, I think having an Autumn inspired party night will give them much joy. Here's how to create one:
I think using an outdoor patio or balcony would be best for the gathering. If you don't have either of these I suggest using an indoor living room. You can decorate the setting with colorful candles. Fall colors include red, orange, and yellow.
I think participating in creating creative food ideas it would be ideal for kids. Here is how to create a Candy Snack Mix:
2 cups coarsely broken pretzels
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/3 cup dry milk powder
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 regular bag Reese’s Pieces
1 Hershey bar broken up into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 275F. Line a small baking sheet and set aside.
2. Melt the butter and pour it into a large bowl. Stir in the sugars and milk powder until fully combined. Stir in the pretzels and spread them on a lined baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes until light brown and fragrant.
3. Allow the pretzels to cool completely before breaking them apart and adding them to a small bowl and tossing them with the Reese’s Pieces and Hershey Bar pieces. Serve.
I was asked to design a prescription pad invitation for a bridal shower along with a custom logo design to be used on the bride to be's stationery. After designing the invitation and receiving many requests for it, I took it a step further and designed an entire printable set. For this shower I chose to use colors of turquoise, hot pink, pink, white and orange. Since I work in the medical field it was fun and easy do this shower theme.
The prescription pad invitation is enclosed inside of a metallic petal card, tied with a ribbon using the David's Bridal ribbon tying method, embellished with pink and silver rhinestones from Michael's Craft Store
The inspiration this shower was quite simple and that was to combine wedding and medical together.
When I am doing a party set up I love for all of the stationery to have the same design, you will see that as you go through the set up of the table.
Of course you can't have a medical themed shower with out your "Happy Pills". I use screw top containers and added pearlescent sixlets from Party City.
Custom Wine Glasses are so popular now and these adorable bridal gown glasses make great party favors. You can order them from Vinyl Eloquence along with your wedding info on them or each guests name or initial and they can take them home after the shower is over.
A cupcake a day keeps the doctor away! I jazzed up some Walmart cupcakes by using custom made acrylic cupcake toppers from Ten23 Designs and also a set from my printable collection.
Let's not forget about the "Sterile Utensils' when serving your guests. These bling spoons, forks and knives are one of our signature bling items and make a item to use if you want to add some "Bling" to your candy buffets or tablescape.
Who doesn't like cookies? These adorable Hearts with stethoscopes and pill cookies were made by Creating Awesomenessity and complimented the theme just perfectly.
Who says you can't have your own wine? As a Novelty item only, we love to personalize our wine bottle labels to match them theme of the even. The name of this wine is "Marry Me Moscato". After all this is a bridal shower right? When choosing a wine I chose Moscato because the top of the wine was orange and perfectly matched the colors of the event.
Ring pops inside of a crystal ring box was a great way to display your candy ring jewelry.